The coronavirus outbreak, which has infected over 45 lakh people globally, has forced a global sporting shutdown, including cricket. “This crisis has put our already poor financial state into ICU. It is like going to the doctor with an illness, and as he is about to prescribe the medication, you get a stroke,” Skerritt said in an interview with Guardian Media Sports. West Indies was scheduled to tour England in June but it has been postponed now due to the COVID-19 outbreak. South Africa’s tour of West Indies in July-August for five T20Is and two Tests is also in doubt. New Zealand was also scheduled to tour West Indies in July to play three ODIs and three T20Is but that series too is under threat. Skerritt said a committee was set up after accounting and financial management consulting firm PKF had presented a 63-page review report last December. This committee, which has been entrusted with the task of assessing the financial implications for future international tours and rescheduling or cancellation of events among other things, is expected to present its report at the board’s next quarterly meeting on May 27. “What this committee will do is to look at that… Read full this story
- US Death Toll from COVID-19 Pandemic Reaches 400,000
- State Estimates Texas Students Have Lost More Than 3 Months Of Learning During COVID-19 Pandemic
- 2.5 Million Girls at Risk to Become Child Brides as a Result of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- The WHO was too slow to react to the Covid-19 pandemic and is a powerless body unable to 'enforce anything', independent panel finds
- The catastrophe of the century and China’s grand cover-up of COVID-19 pandemic
- Ben Affleck is 'working on writing his next movie' as he hunkers down amid the global COVID-19 pandemic
- National Television Awards 2021 are postponed AGAIN due to COVID-19 pandemic as bosses 'agree ceremony won't take place virtually'
- Bow Wow is roasted on Twitter for hosting packed nightclub rager in Houston amid ongoing COVID-19 pandemic
- Dr. Anthony Fauci speaks frankly about Trump admin's response to COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19 pandemic increasing disparities, social fragmentation; threatening economy, geopolitical stability: WEF study
West Indies cricket in 'ICU' due to COVID-19 pandemic, says its chief have 348 words, post on www.mykhel.com at May 16, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.