Kindly Share This Story:The number of sexual assaults in the US military increased again in 2019, though at a lower rate than the previous year, according to an annual Pentagon report published Thursday. The report from the Department of Defense’s Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office (SAPR) showed the number of assaults and sexual crimes brought to the attention of military authorities rose to 7,825, a three percent increase from 2018. The year before, such incidents rose 13 percent. The biggest rise was in the Air Force, which saw a nine percent spike, while the Navy had a five percent increase, the Army’s sexual assaults were up two percent and such reports were down six percent in the Marines. The report notes that 73 percent of sexual assaults in the military are committed by a superior. The proportion of military personnel reporting a sexual assault remained steady from the year before, according to the report, at 5.1 per 1,000 people. ALSO READ: Trump says evidence ties COVID-19 virus to Wuhan lab, threatens tariffs While the Marines have previously been called out for their especially high number of sexual assaults, this year’s report shows that such cases are becoming more equal between the five… Read full this story
- Taylor Swift donates to sexual assault charity
- Vietnam arrests Parisian wanted for child sexual assault in France
- Famous comedian arrested for child sexual assault in US
- Australian police charge Vatican treasurer over historical sexual assaults
- We’re Sexual Misconduct Law Experts. The Senate’s Brett Kavanaugh Investigation Is a Hot Mess
- Lawyer fights for child sexual-abuse victims
- Reports of sexual violence shake expat community in Hanoi
- Ex-Stanford swimmer in sex assault spoke of drugs before college-court
- British DJ Travis faces sex assault retrial "nightmare"
- Study merges worldwide data on sex assaults on women
US military sexual assaults increase again in 2019 have 289 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at May 1, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.