LONDON (Reuters) – Prime Minister Boris Johnson told Britain’s parliament on Wednesday that his government moved swiftly to protect the country’s vulnerable care homes before a national lockdown on March 23. Under pressure to defend his record on fighting Covid-19, Johnson said: “We brought in the lockdown in care homes ahead of the general lockdown.” An examination by Reuters of the guidance issued to care homes, as well as interviews with three care home providers, has provided no evidence that any such early lockdown was ordered. Link to story Below is a timeline of the government’s advice: February 25 Public Health England, the official agency responsible in England, issued guidance to care homes about Covid-19 here://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-for-social-or-community-care-and-residential-settings-on-covid-19/guidance-for-social-or-community-care-and-residential-settings-on-covid-19. The guidance contained no restriction on visits, and stated that, at the time, it was “very unlikely that people receiving care in a care home or the community will become infected.” March 13 Public Health England issued new guidance here://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-residential-care-supported-living-and-home-care-guidance/covid-19-guidance-on-residential-care-provision which said visitors who are feeling unwell should not visit care homes and emphasised the “positive impact” of seeing friends and family. The advisory did not impose a ban on visits.”To minimise the risk of transmission, care home providers are advised to review their visiting… Read full this story
- Thousands of families still can't visit elderly relatives in care homes
- Time for care homes to lift these cruel restrictions and end families being kept apart
- Pensioner's torment at 'not being washed for days' at care home
- Family hit with £800 care home bill where gran died from Covid after just three weeks
- Death toll higher in larger care homes
- 'Care home staff forced me to have custard and then made me eat my own sick'
- Woman with dementia kicked out care home as family can't find £136,000 fee
- Care home funding: Over-45s expect to sell their homes to pay for old-age needs
- Get Covid jab or lose your job, care home staff told
- Covid-19: UK orders 5m doses of new vaccine and care home visits 'by Christmas'
Timeline: UK government advice on restricting visits to care homes have 339 words, post on www.reuters.com at May 15, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.