The 28-year-old last month submitted an appeal over his eight-year doping ban to Switzerland’s highest court after the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) earlier this year slapped him with one of the heaviest punishments ever handed out in sport. Unless he is successful with the appeal, Sun Yang will not be eligible for the Tokyo Games in 2021 and his career will be effectively over. It comes following a report from the South China Morning Post that Sun Yang’s official supporter group has decided to dissolve hot on the back of more than 360,000 followers on Chinese social media site Weibo turning their backs on the controversial star and unfollowing him. The report outlines some of Sun Yang’s 33.7 million followers have continued to follow the swimmer simply to demand he come clean and apologise to the fans that have supported him. “You have lied to Chinese people for so many years,” one Weibo user posted on Sun Yang’s page. He has not posted anything on his account since the CAS verdict was returned. Sun Yang was handed his lengthy suspension in February after the World Anti-Doping Agency challenged a controversial decision by swimming’s governing body FINA to clear… Read full this story
- Sun's doping case looms over start of world swimming meet
- Phelps doubts doping protests will bring real change
- Ledecky upset in 400 final at swimming world championships
- Tiananmen Square: The Mourning After
- Australia's Jack to 'fight' doping charge and return to pool
- Memphis bicentennial: 200 notable Bluff City music moments
- Poll shows top Dems lead Trump in matchups
- Winners and Losers of the Democratic Debate, Night 2
- Donald Trump denies calling Meghan Markle 'nasty'
- President Trump is big in Japan
Sun Yang abandoned by China fans, Mack Horton gets apology have 275 words, post on www.news.com.au at May 20, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.