Quentin Tarantino has named David Fincher’s drama about the creation of Facebook, The Social Network, as the best film of the past decade. Speaking to Premiere, the director said the film, which stars Jesse Eisenberg as Mark Zuckerberg, was “hands down” his top choice. “It is No 1 because it’s the best, that’s all! It crushes all the competition,” said Tarantino. Fincher’s film, released in 2010, was nominated for eight Oscars and won three, losing out on best picture to The King’s Speech. Tarantino, 57, singled out Aaron Sorkin’s script for particular praise, calling him “the greatest active dialogist”. The director is a noted fan of Sorkin’s, having previously said he’d watch each new episode of HBO drama The Newsroom three times in a week. He is also an aficionado of Fincher, naming Fight Club on a comparable list of the best films made between 1992 and 2009. Tarantino had already named Dunkirk, Christopher Nolan’s 2017 war drama, his second best film of the decade. His top pick from the films of 2019 was Crawl, a widely panned horror film about ravenous alligators. The Social Network was named the 54th best film of the decade by the Guardian. Topics Quentin… Read full this story
- Quentin Tarantino ditches digital as owner-curator of historic LA cinema
- Quentin Tarantino remembers Reservoir Dogs: 'I counted the walkouts'
- Jennifer Lawrence may saddle up for Quentin Tarantino's Hateful Eight
- Quentin Tarantino Digs Deep On ‘Once Upon A Time… In Hollywood’ As He Fears “Dark Night Of The Soul” For Filmmakers – Interview
- Christopher Nolan and Quentin Tarantino are holding onto the past, but everyone else has moved on
- Quentin Tarantino, NYPD Spar Over Police Brutality Rally
- The best and worst films of 2019 (plus the best film of the decade)
- 6 Most Powerful Search Engines for Social Networks
- Here Are the Fastest Growing Social Networks You Need to Join
- The Best Films of the Decade
Quentin Tarantino: The Social Network is 'hands down' the best film of 2010s have 310 words, post on www.theguardian.com at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.