The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have kicked off celebrations for the 75th anniversary of VE Day by sharing a post dedicated to the Queen. Kate Middleton, 38, and Prince William’s, 37, Instagram account @KensingtonRoyal posted a collection of photographs from the celebrations to mark the big day. Amoung the images was one of Her Majesty – then Princess Elizabeth – aged 19, with the caption detailing how she worked as a mechanic in the Auxiliary Territorial Service. Sharing a snap of celebrations in Trafalgar Square, the caption went on: ‘When the guns fell silent on this day in 1945, Princess Elizabeth and her sister Princess Margaret joined the jubilant crowds in central London — the future Queen attempted to stay anonymous during the celebrations by pulling her cap down over her eyes.’ Meanwhile the Queen’s, 93, Instagram account paid tribute to her father’s King George’s historic speech, sharing a clip of the King saying: ‘There is great comfort in the thought that the years of darkness and danger in which the children of our country have grown up are over and, please God, for ever.’ Kate Middleton, 38, and Prince William, 37, kicked off the 75th anniversary celebrations for VE Day… Read full this story
- Prince William, Kate Middleton to attend Tom Cruise’s ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ premiere in London
- Prince William and Kate easing kids into ‘mind-boggling’ legacy of Diana: ‘Very personal'
- Did Prince William and Kate Middleton live together before getting married?
- Prince William’s sweet words to Kate at the altar as royal couple mark anniversary
- Kate Middleton proved destiny to be 'future Queen' during split from Prince William
- Kate Middleton required 'lots of care and strategy' to marry Prince William, claims expert
- Kate Middleton dons 'fabulous' new £3,200 Laura Green dress on St Patrick's Day & £545 hat
- Kate Middleton is ‘extremely good influence’ on Prince William: ‘Lucky to marry her’
- Royal POLL: Would you like to see Prince Harry and Prince William reunited?
- William, Kate stress importance of relationships before Harry, Meghan visit
Prince William and Kate Middleton mark the 75th anniversary of VE Day with a post dedicated to the Queen's work as a mechanic - and detail how she tried to 'stay anonymous' during London celebrations have 324 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 8, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.