Nepal on Sunday thanked India for providing medical supplies, including testing kits, as part of the bilateral cooperation to fight the coronavirus pandemic in the country, which reported the first death from the deadly disease on Saturday.A total of 281 people have tested positive for the COVID-19 as on Saturday night. So far, 26,691 tests have been conducted and there are 244 active cases while 36 have recovered in the country. One person has died.Foreign Affairs Minister Pradeep Gyawali in a tweet thanked the Indian government for the medical supplies.“Sincere thanks to the Government of India for providing medical logistics and testing kits for 30,000 tests which were handed over to the Ministry of Health and Population today as a part of ongoing cooperation to fight the pandemic,” Mr. Gyawali wrote on Twitter.India on Sunday gifted the medical supplies to Nepal to help it fight the coronavirus pandemic.India’s Ambassador Vinay Mohan Kwatra handed over the Pathodetect COVID-19 Qualitative Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) test kits manufactured in India to Nepal’s Minister for Health and Population Bhanubhakta Dhakal.The consignment, as a gift from the people of India to the people of Nepal, will enable Nepal’s health professionals to conduct PCR… Read full this story
- Apple to donate millions of masks for health professionals fighting COVID-19, says Tim Cook
- Anupama Nadella joins fight against COVID-19 in Telangana; MS CEO's kin donates Rs 2 crore to CM Fund
- Coronavirus: Germany shuts down borders, halts public life
- Coronavirus latest: Italian deaths slow for second day
- Coronavirus latest: UK rolls out nationwide lockdown
- Corona crisis: OYO offers free stay to doctors & nurses in US; Ivanka Trump, Paytm boss bowled over by gesture
- 21-day lockdown: Mahindra suggests plan to help less-privileged families, and Biocon, Paytm founder call it 'best decision'
- When Mohandas Pai praised 'great industrialist' Mukesh Ambani during Janata Curfew
Nepal thanks India for providing medical supplies to fight COVID-19 have 303 words, post on www.thehindu.com at May 17, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.