More than 38,000 doctors, including those retired from the Armed Forces Medical Services, have volunteered to help the government in its fight against COVID-19 pandemic, a senior official said on Friday. On March 25, the government had made an appeal to doctors, including the retired ones, to come forward and join the efforts to fight the pandemic. “38,162 volunteer doctors, including retired government, Armed Forces Medical Services, public sector undertaking or private doctors have signed up with the government to battle COVID-19 pandemic,” the official told PTI. The official further said Niti Aayog has sent a list of names of these doctors to Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA). In a statement posted on Niti Aayog’s website on March 25, the government had said those who wish to contribute to this noble mission may register themselves through a link provided on the Aayog’s website. “The Government of India requests for volunteer doctors who are fit and willing to be available for providing their services in the public health facilities and the training hospitals in the near future. “We appeal to such doctors to come forward at this hour of need…. Read full this story
- Reba McEntire Joins Fight to Outnumber Hunger, Talks About New Album and Turning 60
- W.V. teachers' rapid strike victory shows why progressives must join fight against privatization
- BBC TV licence: Attenborough JOINS FIGHT against plan to SCRAP free licences for over-75s
- JIM MATTHEWS: What made a middle-aged teacher fly out to fight ISIS?
- Anna Campbell: Dad of Briton killed fighting in Syria - ‘I grieve every day'
- American Volunteers Fighting ISIS in Syria Worry About a U.S. Pullout
- Teen, 19, found face down in sea with no heartbeat has miracle recovery
- Actor who went to fight against ISIS can't get back into the US or UK
- Brit ISIS doctor demands to come home because of ‘what he did’ for NHS as he begs for ex-patients’ help
- Doctor: Low-fat diets stuffed with misconceptions
More than 38,000 doctors volunteer to join fight against Covid-19 have 324 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.