Megan Rapinoe, the pro-soccer player who led the U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team (USWNT) to win the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup, has called President Donald Trump “a white nationalist” and expressed interest in running for president, a position she calls “the biggest baddest post” in politics. “We obviously have a white nationalist, I think, in the White House,” Rapinoe told VICE TV host Anand Giridharadas on Seat At the Table on Tuesday in an episode set to air Wednesday. “The spewing of hate and the ‘othering’ of the rest of the country has only led to more strife between people and more despair and more anxiety and more fear going forward,” Rapinoe continued. “There has been nothing to ease Donald Trump’s base really,” she said. “It’s not like he’s giving them a bunch of jobs. It’s not like he’s made life really better for them. He’s just given them this false reason why maybe they’re not happy with their lives. There’s been no sort of path forward.” “So he has used racism to steal from them,” Giridharadas summarized. “Exactly,” Rapinoe responded. “Yeah, exactly.” Later in the interview, Giridharadas asked if people can ever expect to see Rapinoe’s name on… Read full this story
- Soccer Legend, Redding Native Megan Rapinoe Named Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson Of The Year
- ‘Sports Illustrated’ Names Trump Critic Megan Rapinoe ‘Sportsperson of the Year’
- Megan Rapinoe exudes confidence in navy blue dress as she is honored as Sports Illustrated's Sportsperson Of The Year at the NYC awards show
- Soccer legend Megan Rapinoe has been named Sports Illustrated's Sportsperson of the Year
- Megan Rapinoe on Trump's White House Invitation: We Don't Want to Be 'Co-opted or Corrupted By This Administration'
- Megan Rapinoe Slams ‘Sports Illustrated’ for ‘Lack of Diversity’ in Award Speech
- Megan Rapinoe named Sports Illustrated's 2019 Sportsperson of the Year for being 'a force of nature on and off the field' as the 34-year World Cup winner and activist reveals THAT goal celebration was dig at her critics
- Swapping tea for champagne: Megan Rapinoe raises a glass as the U.S. Women's national team arrives home with the World Cup, gets a hero's welcome at a hotel and has a lavish dinner at Nobu ahead of their ticker-tape parade in New York
- HAWORTH: Megan Rapinoe Is No Leader
- Megan Rapinoe Weighs In On Trump Telling Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Squad’ To ‘Go Back’
Megan Rapinoe Might Run for President Because She Wants the 'Biggest, Baddest Post' in Politics have 400 words, post on www.newsweek.com at May 19, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.