Vinod NairThe world equity market has been performing much better than the Indian market. Global market is backed by huge fiscal & monetary support and moving up in anticipation of re-opening the economy.While in India the lockdown has been very stringent, the economic activity is forecasted to have fallen by 40 percent in Q1FY21 and 1/10th of the economy is expected to be lost for ever.Close A weak outlook is also expressed in the last week RBI statement, by providing no guidelines to GDP & Inflation, but extending moratorium to August stating that the economy may not be completely re-opened shortly.Vinod NairHead of Research|Geojit Financial Services Five sectors that should be prominent in your equity portfolio amid COVID-19 crisisMarket feels economy will not attain pre-COVID-19 levels in absence of stimulus‘Market can rally only after strong stimulus, positive meeting between US-China’Ours is a developing country with huge population of 1.3 billion people of which about 13.4 percent are extreme poor (earning less than $1.90 per capita, per day) and 50.4 percent are in lower middle class (less than $3.2 per capita, per day) making it more than 650 million people. Poverty is likely to increase due to COVID-19 as source of… Read full this story
- Moreno’s moves impacting Angels
- High MLB draft picks sign for $1,000 apiece
- NBA Draft: How big an impact can Davis make?
- Competition in Super Bowl at all-time high
- International Speedway Corporation Reports Financial Results for theThird Quarter of Fiscal
- Environmental efforts have impact
- Decision time looms in politics of FIFA reform
- Blatter prepares to unveil FIFA reform plan
- Blatter prepares to unveil reform plan
- Akron Plans LeBron James Appreciation Day For June 19
Market still expects more reforms for corporate and sectors that are highly impacted by COVID-19 have 268 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.