Joe Biden is warning that those “tasked with enforcing the law are abusing their powers,” offering a measured critique of the Trump administration a day after he declined to respond to President Donald Trump’s attacks directly.Speaking Wednesday to Columbia University Law School graduates via video, Mr. Biden urged them to “protect the very foundations of democracy.””Trust in self-governance. Because right now, it’s under attack,” the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee said. “The very people tasked with enforcing the rule of law are abusing their powers, protecting their friends, weakening the very principles that make our country work.”Asked on Tuesday night how he’d respond to the allegations, Mr. Biden said, “I don’t want to get down in the mud with these guys.”Speaking at a Yahoo News virtual town hall on Tuesday, Mr. Biden said Mr. Trump was trying to distract voters from his inadequate response to the coronavirus pandemic, which has killed more than 90,000 Americans. Mr. Trump has said the virus will disappear “like a miracle.”Broadly dubbing his allegations “Obamagate,” Mr. Trump has pointed to the legal case of his former national security adviser Michael Flynn, suggesting that the “unmasking” of Flynn’s name as part of legal U.S. surveillance of foreign… Read full this story
- Joe Biden: US - China relations should be more honest and frank
- Obama warns Russia, Ukrainian separatists over downed airliner
- Biden on mission to woo next China leader
- Russia, European powers agree to draft Ukraine peace plan
- Biden on visit to fire up US-India ties
- Biden heads to Asia amid tensions over China air zone
- Ukraine relaunches anti-rebel operation after Biden leaves
- Iran hedges on nuclear talks with six powers or U.S.
- Ukraine rebels agree to ceasefire, Obama warns Russia
- Experts warn rabies outbreak possible
Joe Biden warns of ‘abuse of power’ have 292 words, post on www.thehindu.com at May 21, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.