Dolores Huerta, the labor and civil rights leader who co-founded what eventually became the United Farm Workers union, endorsed Joe Biden for president on Friday.Huerta, who is based in Los Angeles and is one of the nation’s most prominent Latino activists, offered her support on International Workers Day and as Biden’s campaign seeks to improve support among Latino voters. He trailed Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, his main rival for the Democratic presidential nomination, among Latinos for much of the primary. Biden’s campaign attributed the gap to a lack of financial resources that made it difficult to reach voters, but the former vice president also faced protests over the Obama administration’s deportation of nearly 3 million immigrants who were in the country illegally. Huerta on Friday said Biden has been a “staunch advocate for labor” and has prioritized Latinos. Advertisement “At a time when the current White House has used fear mongering and racist rhetoric towards Latinos, Joe has made it clear that he will fight to protect and advance our community,” she said in a statement. Huerta plans to appear at a virtual Todos Con Biden roundtable on Sunday with actor John Leguizamo. Cristóbal Alex, a senior Biden advisor, said… Read full this story
- Joe Biden gets backing of key Latina activist Dolores Huerta
- Michelle Obama will becomes the latest to endorse Joe Biden and bring her star power to his campaign - without the baggage of her endorsement of Hillary Clinton
- Joe Biden accuser Tara Reade says she 'lost total respect' for CNN's Anderson Cooper and other TV news anchors when they failed to ask the presumptive presidential nominee about her sexual assault allegations during interviews
- Nolte: 16 Reasons Why I Believe Joe Biden Sexually Assaulted Tara Reade
- Why Joe Biden Might Be the Best Bet to Beat Trump
- Can Democrats Force Joe Biden Off Of the Ticket?
- Can Democrats Force Joe Biden Off the Ticket?
- On Earth Day, Al Gore endorses Joe Biden and calls Trump the ‘anti-climate president’
- Joe Biden is struggling to reach Latinos. The coronavirus crisis isn’t helping
Joe Biden gets backing of influential labor activist Dolores Huerta have 343 words, post on www.latimes.com at May 1, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.