NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — That federal stimulus money you’ve been waiting for may not come in a check or direct deposit, but as a debit card. Many are receiving the card and mistakenly thinking it’s a scam. This, as another 2 million Americans filed for unemployment benefits last week, CBS2’s Andrea Grymes reported Thursday. Bloomfield, N.J. resident Vickie Plummer is usually a comedian by night and a full-time worker at a student travel company by day. But now, her laughs have turned into tears. She was laid off from her travel job on March 17, due to the coronavirus pandemic. “It’s a stress level I don’t think I’ve ever experienced in my entire life, even when I was in the hospital and almost died,” Plummer said. CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home Ask Dr. Max Your Health Questions How Make Your Own DIY Face Mask How To Safely Remove Disposable Gloves Tips For Parents To Help Kids Cope Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks Complete Coronavirus Coverage Plummer, a cancer survivor, filed for unemployment benefits on March 21, and some 10 weeks later is still waiting for a check. “It’s… Read full this story
- Will there be a fourth stimulus check?
- Man put ‘virus’ in older people’s computers to scam them out of US$10mil, US feds say
- Bank of America to pay $225 million in fines over handling of pandemic unemployment fraud
- Utility scams on the rise – how to protect yourself
- 'There was almost nothing left in my account': Sam is one of 1.4 million Australians who are victims of card fraud each year
- BBB on Homes: Watch out for today’s home rental scams
- Barclays issues warning on ‘very believable’ scam: Sign it's fraud may hide in plain sight
- 'Y'all know what to do': Ascension woman enticed others in scam of pandemic aid, grand jury alleges
- Fact Check: Did Mitch McConnell block paid sick leave from second COVID-19 relief bill?
- Fact Check: Can Monkeypox spread through contact with clothes?
It’s NOT A Scam: Feds Say 4 Million Americans Receiving Stimulus Checks In Form Of Prepaid Debit Card have 335 words, post on newyork.cbslocal.com at May 28, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.