Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Pham Binh Minh on May 8 attended the United Nations Security Council's high-level video meeting with the theme "75 years from the end of the Second World War on European Soil – lessons learned for preventing future atrocities, responsibility of the Security Council”. Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Pham Binh Minh speaks at the meeting Minh's attendance at the session was made at the invitation of Foreign Minister Urmas Reinsalu of Estonia which holds the presidency of the United Nations Security Council in May 2020. The session also saw the participation of 48 foreign ministers and representatives of UN member nations. In his speech, Minh said 75 years ago, the deadliest war in human history ended, but only after having caused untold suffering to hundreds of millions of people around the world. The defeat of the fascists and aggressors in the Second World War, and indeed in all wars and conflicts, proved that actions driven by expansionism, militarism and the thirst for conquest and dominance can never bend the will of nations to fight for their independence and freedom, he said. It also demonstrated that no force can… Read full this story
- World War II hero, influential University of Texas booster dies at 93
- 15 photos of the USS Indianapolis, whose World War II sinking started the deadliest shark attack in history
- Nearly 75 years after his death in World War II, Fresno man finally returns home
- A World War II bomber lies deep in a NC lake. The pilot’s bride witnessed the crash.
- Silver Star Marine who served in World War II, Korea and Vietnam gets emotional burial at sea
- A Small, Dedicated Crew Doesn’t want the Railway Museum of Greater Cincinnati's Train Collection to Meet the End of the Line
- Yankees celebrate 1998 World Series championship team
- WWII and Korean War veterans honored at Texas Panhandle War Memorial ceremony
- New Fairfield veteran celebrates turning 100
- A Hemingway War Story Sees Print for the First Time
Deputy PM attends UNSC video meeting celebrating end of World War II have 329 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at May 9, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.