The total number of COVID-19 cases in Odisha climbed to 142 on Thursday, with the detection of 17 new cases in Jajpur district on Thursday.All the new cases reported from Jajpur were West Bengal returnees and their close contacts, the State Health and Family Welfare Department said. Sixteen of these cases were residents of the Katikata containment area of the district, where some West Bengal returnees were tested positive earlier.According to officials, the State saw the largest spike in COVID-19 cases with 20 cases — 17 cases from Jajpur and three cases from Balasore district — reported during the past 24 hours.The districts of Balasore, Bhadrak and Balasore, that were close to West Bengal, have reported 74 cases so far and most of them were those who had managed to return during the ongoing lockdown period and their close contacts.The previous 24-hour spike with 18 cases was reported in Bhubaneswar on April 5. The city had reported 46 cases till a fortnight ago, and its total increased to 47 when a family member of a COVID-19 case was found positive on Wednesday.Of the total 142 cases in the State so far, 102 were under treatment at different COVID hospitals, while… Read full this story
- Nipah virus death toll rises to 15, two new cases found in India's Kerala
- Nipah virus toll rises to 15, two new cases found in Kerala
- New Waikiki surf stand operator faces opposition
- Malaria in Delhi 2018: 46 cases in national capital, 50% more than dengue infection count
- New Zealand make the highest ODI total of all time
- 8 robberies in 24 hours brings New Orleans' weekly total to 30: NOPD
- The 96-Year-Old Brooklyn Judge Standing Up to the Supreme Court
- New Standing Orders in Parliament
- Cracking cold cases: Will Southern California investigators use family roots to track down elusive crooks?
- Syphilis cases hit highest level in almost 70 years in England
Coronavirus | Odisha reports 17 new cases, tally now stands at 142 have 291 words, post on www.thehindu.com at May 1, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.