Nguyễn Minh Hùng, former chairman and director-general of VN Pharma. — VNA/VNS Photo HCM CITY — An appeal trial looking into the trade of counterfeit cancer drugs at Việt Nam Pharma (VN Pharma) JSC commenced on Monday in HCM City. Nguyễn Minh Hùng, former chairman and director-general of VN Pharma, considered one of the two people at the heart of the case, did not appeal his 17-year sentence, but attended the hearing for his involvement with other defendants. Vũ Mạnh Cường, director of H&C International Maritime Trading Co Ltd and a former employee of VN Pharma, allegedly acted as middle-man for the sale of fake drugs to VN Pharma. He is appealing a sentence of 20 years in jail. Both faced charge of the crime “Manufacturing and trading of counterfeit medicines for treatment or prevention of diseases” under Việt Nam’s Penal Code. From 2013-14, the pair and 10 other accomplices were alleged to have faked a range of documents – including Free Sale Certificates (FSC) and Canada’s Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) certificate, fake seals from the Vietnamese embassy in Canada, and fabricating contracts and licences with a company in Hong Kong to import of 9,300 boxes of cancer drugs H-Capita 500mg that VN Pharma advertised as being made… Read full this story
- How two professors leading Oxford University's coronavirus trial and Chinese tech giant Huawei could profit if the experimental jab is proven to work
- The wild life of Carlos Lehder, Pablo Escobar's drug trafficking partner
- 'Pharma bro' Shkreli convicted of fraud in U.S. court, assails 'witch hunt'
- 'Pharma Bro' Martin Shkreli to stay behind bars, loses appeal of conviction
- At last... the new drugs which could slow the march of this cruel disease: Pioneering treatment for dementia could be available in the UK in two years and pave the way for a new wave of therapies
- Drug firms race to launch Favipiravir as antiviral gains traction in mild-moderate COVID-19 care
- 'We started chemo on the same day': Seven years after Bernie died of breast cancer, Nolan sisters Linda and Anne face the same struggle... so why do faulty genes plague some families but not others?
- Darknet: 'Chemical Revolution' drug dealers go on trial
- Germany's 'Chemical Revolution' online drug dealers go on trial
- As hospitals focus on coronavirus, attention shifts away from cancer
Appeal trial for fake cancer drugs case at VN Pharma starts have 383 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 18, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.