The rupee soared by 62 paise to settle at a two-week high of 76.06 against the U.S. dollar on Thursday tracking gains in domestic equities as hopes of another stimulus package from the government bolstered investor sentiment. Forex traders said investor sentiment strengthened after the RBI said it would undertake additional purchase of government securities through open market operations (OMO). At the interbank foreign exchange, the rupee opened higher at 76.31 rose further to the day’s high pf 76.00. The rupee finally settled at 76.06 against the US dollar, registering a rise of 62 paise over its previous close. This is the highest closing level since April 7. On Wednesday, the rupee had settled at 76.68 against the US dollar.“On a review of current and evolving liquidity and market conditions, the Reserve Bank has decided to conduct simultaneous purchase and sale of government securities under Open Market Operations (OMO) for Rs 10,000 crores each on April 27, 2020,” the Reserve Bank said in a release. The dollar index, which gauges the greenback’s strength against the basket of six currencies, was trading 0.08 per cent up at 100.46. The 30-share BSE Sensex surged 483.53 points or 1.54 per cent to close… Read full this story
- Nikkei soars on fresh stimulus hopes after Abe victory
- Global shares recover on stimulus hopes
- Worst week for dollar since Trump election
- Pound hits 12 week high against the euro and dollar…but what does this mean for you?
- Get every Week 4 score from Alabama HS football
- Bond yields climb as ECB stimulus expectations fade
- Asian shares advance on U.S.-China trade hopes, ECB stimulus
- Global stocks inch up on trade hopes but growth fears cap gains
- Global stocks, bond yields lifted by U.S.-China trade hopes
- Stocks climb, bond yields off lows, on trade progress hopes
Rupee surges by 62 paise to 2-week high against dollar on stimulus hopes have 283 words, post on www.thehindu.com at April 23, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.