By Kyung Lah, CNN Updated 1050 GMT (1850 HKT) April 1, 2020 Chat with us in Facebook Messenger. Find out what’s happening in the world as it unfolds. Los Angeles (CNN Business)As of 2019, there were an estimated 30.7 million small businesses in the US, employing 59.9 million people, or almost half of the private sector workforce. Small businesses drive the American economy, but as the coronavirus pandemic has proven, they do so from a cliff. Many are about to fall off. Behind those numbers are the actual people who own and work at the small businesses. It’s impossible to tell all of their stories, but we can tell some. So last week we talked to the owners of six small businesses on a block of Colorado Boulevard in Los Angeles about their hopes and fears right now. The block of Colorado Boulevard in Los Angeles where the businesses are located. The block and its businesses are very much unique, made up of a group of independently-owned stores in the heart of a gentrifying community in eastern Los Angeles. But you could transplant them anywhere in the country — any town, any large city — and the stories would be… Read full this story
- The Basic Building Blocks of Business
- Disaster Recovery: Failure to Plan is a Plan to Fail
- Records Management And Its Key Role In Business Continuity And Disaster Recovery
- Can Small Be Beautiful In Business Continuity?
- One of America's Worst Industrial Disasters - Hawks Nest Tunnel Tragedy
- Emergency Planning For Small Businesses
- Are You Investing In Disaster?
- Redundancy, Business Continuity And Lessons For Healthcare From The Disaster Field Office
- Dodging the Downsizing Disaster Because it Can Happen to You
- Your Home-Based Business - 5 Keys for Survival
One block in America. Six businesses on the brink of disaster have 276 words, post on edition.cnn.com at April 1, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.