As coronavirus sweeps the globe, Scientology could be hit hard, as whistleblowers tell DailyMail.com the religion’s bases around the world are poorly equipped to handle the crisis. In a missive seen by DailyMail.com, Scientology’s chairman of the board David Miscavige branded the COVID-19 crisis ‘hysteria’ and ‘planetary bullbait’, while vowing to create a safe environment for business to go on as usual. But with its beliefs that illness marks a ‘potential trouble source’ and rumors of dwindling revenues that normally come from members who flock to US bases from all over the world, the pandemic appears to pose a real threat to the church founded by L. Ron Hubbard. Sources who spent years at Scientology’s base in Clearwater, Florida, say the 2,000-odd staff – many of whom are elderly – live in cramped ‘death trap’ conditions where social distancing is all but impossible, as video obtained by DailyMail.com shows members existing from a bus last week aren’t keeping six feet apart. Meanwhile, several of the church’s most high-profile followers, such as Tom Cruise, John Travolta and Kirstie Alley have remained mysteriously quiet so far in these troubled times. FLORIDA: As coronavirus sweeps the globe, Scientology could be hit hard, as whistleblowers… Read full this story
- The Sun’s Hail Your Heroes salute is back as readers thank those who have stepped up during the Covid crisis
- The Hill's Morning Report - Biden argues for legislative patience, urgent action amid crisis
- EXCLUSIVE: TOWIE star Mario Falcone is caught out living it up in Dubai with fiancée Becky Miesner... while posting old photos on Instagram from Essex after Priti blasted influencers
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Cheney keeps leadership post; Dems to punish Greene
- JAN MOIR: Struggling Harvey Price and an absent dad who knows no shame
- Three-way battle to be Biden's ambassador to London: Disney's Bob Iger, Joe's 'twin' Ted Kaufman and the Obamas' BFF James Costos fight it out for State Department's most glamorous posting
EXCLUSIVE: How Scientology is coping with COVID-19 as chairman David Miscavige declares crisis 'hysteria' and 'planetary bullbait' and Tom Cruise and John Travolta have 'special bunkers' at secretive base in California have 331 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 2, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.