President Trump today savaged the ‘China centric’ World Health Organization and said he wanted the group looked into before any more U.S. dollars flow to Beijing. ‘They called it wrong, they called it wrong, they missed the call,’ Trump said during Tuesday’s White House press briefing. ‘They should have known and they probably did know,’ he said, suggesting the WHO was withholding information about the coronavirus. Trump’s main beef with the United Nations health group is that leadership there said it wasn’t necessary to bar travelers coming in from China as the coronavirus started spreading beyond Wuhan, where it originated. The president has followed the lead of prominent conservatives in complaining that the WHO has been too friendly to China during the coronavirus outbreak. ‘The WHO, that’s the World Health Organization, receives vast amounts of money from the United States and we pay for a majority, the biggest portion of their money, and they actually criticized and disagreed with my travel ban at the time I did it,’ Trump said near the top of the briefing. ‘And they were wrong. They’ve been wrong about a lot of things.’ ‘And they had a lot of information early and they didn’t want to… Read full this story
- 'He's the most corrupt president in all our history!' Joe Biden tears into Donald Trump as 12 2020 Democrats take to the stage for primary debate - with field united in slamming president and backing impeachment
- Warren Comes Under Fire on Funding for Health Care Plan
- Elizabeth Warren again dodges on health care, rivals jump to criticize
- WRAPUP 7-Turkey pushes offensive in Syria, despite sanctions and calls to stop
- Erdogan says Turkey will never declare ceasefire in northern Syria
- The Latest: Erdogan rejects call for ceasefire in Syria
- Saudi oil attack: Where are we a week on and what happens next?
- The Latest: Warren dinged for dodging health cost questions
- Police turning a blind eye to crime: Devastating dispatch from the worst force in Britain shows what's gone wrong with policing as warped priorities and inept leadership leave community in fearful despair
- Helping Rural Patients, Trump Helps Canadians: Patch Partner News
Donald Trump launches full-frontal attack on 'China-centric' World Health Organization saying 'they called it wrong, they should have known' on coronavirus and says he might FREEZE funds have 354 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 8, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.