JAKARTA: Indonesia's COVID-19 cases is predicted to exceed 100,000, an expert with the government pandemic task force said on Thursday (Apr 16). In a press briefing, Professor Wiku Adisasmito said the number of cases is predicted to peak between early May and the beginning of June. This is based on predictions by experts, scientific institutions and individuals. "We have reviewed and combined all the predictions … The number of cases during the peak cumulative is 95,000. Whereas in June and July, the confirmed cases cumulative will be reaching 106,000," he said. READ: Cooped up in small homes and lacking awareness, Jakarta's urban poor find it tough amid partial lockdown He noted, however, that the number is not a rigid figure, and the government hopes that the number of cases will be lower. As of Thursday afternoon, there were 5,516 COVID-19 cases reported in the country with 496 deaths and 548 recovered cases. Indonesia has one of the highest fatality rates in the world, between 8 per cent and 9 per cent. ATTEMPTS UNDERWAY TO INTEGRATE DATA NATIONALLY Since Indonesia announced its first COVID-19 cases on Mar 2, observers have criticised the government for not announcing details of the cases and providing reliable as well as coherent data. The government had initially explained that this was to… Read full this story
- The Latest: Iraqi official says 6 protesters killed in south
- Lung damage from vaping resembles chemical burns, report says
- Amazon, Google Face Tax Test as Indonesia Reins In E-Commerce
- Philippines polio cases a warning for vulnerable Ukraine
- How Mark Zuckerberg became a wartime CEO
- Ex-NHLers finally get day in court as alleged bilkers of millions go to trial in fraud case
- In landmark case, Lori Drew guilty of misdemeanor in MySpace hoax that caused Megan Meier's suicide
- Trump says Ukraine and China should investigate Bidens — live updates
- Edited Transcript of TWLO earnings conference call or presentation 31-Jul-19 9:00pm GMT
- Manhattan school closes as swine flu unease spreads; Experts: As many as 100,000 cases in U.S.
COVID-19 cases in Indonesia could cross 100,000 mark, says national taskforce expert have 320 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at April 16, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.