In an open letter to The Advertiser, CFS Chief Officer Mark Jones paid tribute to volunteers who “put their lives on the line” to protect local communities. “Thanks must also go to the South Australian community who heeded our warning messages … and prepared their homes against bushfire threat,” he said. “To see the generosity to our firefighters, especially on Christmas Day, brought warmth to my heart.” But the season was full of devastation, claiming three lives and collectively burning about 200,000ha of land. photo galleryIn pictures: Daylight reveals fire’s wakeAbove the Cudlee Creek fireground. Picture: CFS1 of 94Woodside township, showing the fire getting close to the edges of the town. Picture: CFS2 of 94Part of the burnt Freedom Hill Sanctuary. Picture: AAP / Keryn Stevens3 of 94Burnt land at a Woodside winery. Picture: AAP / Kelly Barnes4 of 94A CFS unit drives down a road at Charleston. Picture: AAP / Kelly Barnes5 of 94Asha Watkins and Publican Kath Attrill from the Lobethal Hotel, who were a refuge for people and animals as well as giving out free drinks and food on Friday. Picture: AAP/ Keryn Stevens6 of 94SA Power Networks at work on the Cudlee Creek fireground. Picture: SAPN7… Read full this story
- ČTK exhibition marking republic's centenary opens in Ostrava
- Will anyone stop the Chiefs and Patriots?
- Minneapolis police clear officers in fatal shooting of Jamar Clark
- Dolly Parton opens up on touching 'Dumplin' ' soundtrack; Carpenters get royal treatment
- Lancaster police officer honored after contracting hepatitis C on duty
- ASX seen higher on metals, Dow Jones rallies
- South Africa: DA Chief Whip Wishes Lennit Max Well As Replacement Waits in the Wings
- Miguel Almiron named MLS newcomer of year as Kenwyne Jones retires
- Mahomes guides Chiefs to comeback win at Detroit
- Super Bowl-champion Green Bay Packers share stories from 1996 season at reunion
CFS Chief Officer Mark Jones thanks SA in open letter as devastating fire season ends have 294 words, post on www.news.com.au at April 30, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.