Bringing a ray of hope to the State’s fight against COVID-19, a 78-year-old man with diabetes, hypertension, and asthma, returned home on Friday after recovering in a record 14 days. He is the oldest person to recover from the disease in Karnataka so far. When the senior citizen, Hakeemuddin Johar, walked out of the Emergency and Trauma Care Centre in Victoria Hospital premises on Friday, a team of doctors and paramedical staff bid him an emotional farewell. With 12 of the 13 who succumbed to the disease so far in the State aged above 60, it was an overwhelming feeling for them to see the oldest patient walk out infection-free.Mr. Johar, a resident of Gurappanapalya, tested positive on April 3 and was admitted at the Emergency and Trauma Care Centre on the same day. Hailing from Gujarat, Mr. Johar is settled in Bengaluru for the last 10 years and the family is into hardware business. He along with his wife, Gulshan Johar, had gone to attend their grandson’s wedding in Dubai on March 12. They left Bengaluru on February 17 and returned on March 17 as the wedding got cancelled owing to the pandemic.“A few days after our return, I… Read full this story
- 78-year-old Hatboro Woman Finds Greener Institute; Loses Her Pain
- This Thai 18-year-old is winning the Internet one rap at a time
- A 104-year-old Marine Corps veteran is asking people to send him Valentine's Day cards
- Mumbai Marathon 2020: 64-years-old dies of cardiac arrest while running
- Jailed killer, 23, who stabbed 17-year-old boy to death in postcode gang war BRAGS from behind bars about his 'five years of light work' on Facebook
- Girl, 13, dies from the flu days before her 14th birthday and an unvaccinated four-year-old goes blind during one of the worst virus seasons for decades that's killed 32 children
- Mother who turns off her 17-year-old son's WiFi at 9.30pm and limits him to reading is branded 'ridiculous' because he's 'nearly an adult'
- 104-Year-Old 49er Faithful Looking Forward To Another Super Bowl Win
- Killers 'filmed themselves dismembering 17-year-old boy and planned to deliver his head as a warning' as police hunt 'psychopathic' Dublin hitman they believe is responsible
- Suspected murderer, 27, dies in prison while facing trial for stabbing 'treasured' 34-year-old mother-of-six to death on New Year's Eve
78-year-old, with comorbidities, wins battle against COVID-19 have 365 words, post on www.thehindu.com at April 17, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.