President Donald Trump insisted Monday night that he's looking to "open up our country" in weeks and not months as the United States continues to face the coronavirus pandemic. "I'm not looking at months, I can tell you right now," Trump said at a briefing with the White House coronavirus task force. "We're going to be opening up our country, and we're going to be watching certain areas." The president's comments came as there remains no clear end in sight to the health crisis that has greatly impacted much of American life. Schools districts across the country have been closed for weeks, and on Monday Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam ordered that schools in his state would be closed through the end of the current academic year. Throughout his Monday press briefing, the president frequently touted a quick bounce back from the virus even though there is no clear evidence the United States has turned a corner in beating the virus or the disease it causes, COVID-19. Emphasizing "tremendous responsibility," Trump ticked off a list of concerns about the length of the healthcare crisis: jobs, people with "tremendous anxiety and depression," as well as suicides. "You have death, probably and I mean… Read full this story
- Donald Trump says 'what big tech is doing is very bad' as Amazon's Jeff Bezos, Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg, Apple's Tim Cook and Google's Sundar Pichai are questioned by Congress on their 'monopolies'
- OVERNIGHT ENERGY: Trump says export terms for liquefied natural gas extended until 2050 | Dozens of facilities skipping out on EPA pollution monitoring have prior offenses | Green groups challenge Trump rollback of bedrock environmental law
- Trump says coronavirus response is "working out"
- Donald Trump admits he regrets his tweets 'too often', says his retweets 'get him in trouble' and reminisces about the 'old days when you could write a letter and let it sit for a day'
- The 23 Most Surreal Moments From Trump’s Chris Wallace Interview, Ranked
- Coronavirus live updates: California averages a “devastating” 91 deaths a day, Newsom says
- 'Things could get very ugly': Experts fear post-election crisis as Trump sets the stage to dispute the results in November
- Kanye West says he has been trying to DIVORCE Kim since she met rapper Meek Mill in a hotel room, calls her a white supremacist and dubs his mother in law 'Kris Jong Un' in another late night Twitter meltdown amid grave concerns for his mental health
- Donald Trump admits coronavirus 'will get worse before it will get better' as he tells people to wear a mask and stay out of bars - but says he should NOT be judged on handling of crisis
- Tourists are FINALLY back in Benidorm: Sunseekers return to Spain's beaches as country declares Brits will be allowed in from next week (but the Germans are there already!)
Trump Now Says He Wants to Open the Country in Weeks, Not Months have 480 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at March 23, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.