(CNN)The US State Department has repatriated more than 15,000 Americans who had been stuck abroad due to coronavirus but is still tracking tens of thousands more who may need assistance. As of Friday afternoon, the agency had dispatched more than 150 flights to more than 40 countries to retrieve the travelers, many of whom were left without other means of departure due to flight restrictions and border closures caused by the coronavirus pandemic. These states have implemented stay-at-home orders. Here’s what that means for you Ian Brownlee, the head of the State Department’s repatriation task force, told reporters Friday that they were tracking at least 64 additional flights over the next week and that they had identified about 9,000 passengers to take these flights. However, the department is still tracking some 33,000 Americans who might seek their assistance, according to Brownlee. That number is a drop from the 50,000 the department was tracking just days ago — an elevated figure that Brownlee says was due in part to human error. He also said travelers “have decided they’re just going to wait it out, wait out the curfew or wait out the quarantine where they are.” There have been other obstacles… Read full this story
- Trump State Department Just Made an Ominous Passport Change for Transgender Americans
- Direct talks with Taliban: 'US exploring all avenues,' State Department tells DW
- Will the State Department Fight Non-Binary Passports?
- State Department warns top U.S. firms over supply chain risks linked to China's Xinjiang
- REPORT: State Department Preparing To Cancel Thousands Of Visas For Chinese Students
- Former Super Bowl champion, Michigan State standout says assistant coach struck him before a game
- State Department inspector general fired
- It’s NOT A Scam: Feds Say 4 Million Americans Receiving Stimulus Checks In Form Of Prepaid Debit Card
- State Department designates 4 more Chinese news outlets as propaganda
- More than 30 US states, including Florida and Texas, should be doing THOUSANDS more coronavirus tests a day - but Alaska and Montana are testing enough people to drive daily cases down to nearly ZERO, Harvard experts reveal
State Department says it has repatriated 15,000 Americans but is tracking tens of thousands more have 335 words, post on edition.cnn.com at March 27, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.