Shares struggled on Thursday morning, digesting the previous session’s huge rebound as investors remained concerned about the lasting economic impact from the COVID-19 pandemic. — Photo cafef.vn Shares struggled on Thursday morning, digesting the previous session’s huge rebound as investors remained concerned about the lasting economic impact from the COVID-19 pandemic. The benchmark VN-Index on the Hồ Chí Minh Stock Exchange increased 0.74 per cent to close the morning trade at 695.33 points. The southern market index gained 4.71 per cent to close the session at 690.25 points, its largest one-day percentage gain in eight years. But this morning, investors may be disappointed to learn that mega one-day rallies witnessed on Wednesday are obviously not the start of a durable recovery. More than 100.6 million shares were traded on the southern bourse, worth VNĐ1.9 trillion (US$81.3 million). Twenty-two of the 30 largest stocks by market capitalisation and trading liquidity in the VN30 basket dropped to weigh on the market. Large-cap decliners included Techcombank (TCB), Hoa Phat Group (HPG), Mobile World Group (MWG), Vietjet (VCJ), Novaland (NVL), VPBank (VPB) and Military Bank (MBB). On the Hà Nội Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index lost 1.56 per cent to close Thursday morning at 98.52… Read full this story
- Shares fall on continued concern over coronavirus
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asia shares lurch lower, flu concerns a possible culprit
- What should investors do with Jubilant FoodWorks stock post Q3: buy, sell or hold?
- Gold inches lower as investors seek clarity on virus severity
- FPIs remain net buyers for 5th consecutive month in Jan; invest Rs 12,000 cr in equities
- Oil snaps 5-day slide as investors weigh virus's toll
- Stock market slumps as new virus concerns investors
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian shares wilt, oil tumbles as China virus spreads
- Nippon Life share price gains 4% on steady Q3 earnings
- Global Shares, Crude Oil Futures on Decline Amid China's Coronavirus Flare-ups
Shares seesaw as investors remain concerned have 302 words, post on bizhub.vn at March 26, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.