Shares struggled on Thursday morning, digesting the previous session’s huge rebound as investors remained concerned about the lasting economic impact from the COVID-19 pandemic. — Photo cafef.vn Shares struggled on Thursday morning, digesting the previous session’s huge rebound as investors remained concerned about the lasting economic impact from the COVID-19 pandemic. The benchmark VN-Index on the Hồ Chí Minh Stock Exchange increased 0.74 per cent to close the morning trade at 695.33 points. The southern market index gained 4.71 per cent to close the session at 690.25 points, its largest one-day percentage gain in eight years. But this morning, investors may be disappointed to learn that mega one-day rallies witnessed on Wednesday are obviously not the start of a durable recovery. More than 100.6 million shares were traded on the southern bourse, worth VNĐ1.9 trillion (US$81.3 million). Twenty-two of the 30 largest stocks by market capitalisation and trading liquidity in the VN30 basket dropped to weigh on the market. Large-cap decliners included Techcombank (TCB), Hoa Phat Group (HPG), Mobile World Group (MWG), Vietjet (VCJ), Novaland (NVL), VPBank (VPB) and Military Bank (MBB). On the Hà Nội Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index lost 1.56 per cent to close Thursday morning at 98.52… Read full this story
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asia shares rise on more stimulus hopes but dollar loses steam
- The boardroom must share the financial pain of employees
- Video-calling app Zoom that has seen a massive spike in usage during the coronavirus crisis is 'secretly sharing data with Facebook via its iOS app' even if users' accounts are not linked
- Radhika Apte's Masked Pic From Hospital Leaves Fans Concerned; Actress Clarifies 'Not For COVID-19'
- Paleo powders, intermittent fasting and weight-lifting': Davinia Taylor, 42, shares toned bikini picture as she reveals how she's 'leaned up' during 10-day lockdown in 'rainy' Marbella
- Internet users share hilarious memes as Boris Johnson tests positive for coronavirus after declaring 'I shook hands with everyone' on hospital visit
- China's tech stocks valuations soar as foreign investors pile in
- S.Korea investors rush back to stocks at record pace, betting on bounce
- Coronavirus: Equity mutual funds give 25% negative returns to investors
- Coronavirus pandemic | I became a disciplined investor over 40 years; the virus broke me in 40 days
Shares seesaw as investors remain concerned have 360 words, post on bizhub.vn at March 26, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.