KARACHI: This is a press conference for Pakistan’s more than 100 million women, Arts Council of Pakistan (ACP) President Muhammad Ahmed Shah said Wednesday while addressing a presser for the First Women Conference.The ACP has scheduled a First Women Conference on March 6-7, 2020, in Karachi, ahead of the International Women’s Day, which is celebrated on March 8.”There is extremism and emotional slogans from both sides and that is a conspiracy to shift the focus away from women’s real problems,” said Shah, who was accompanied by Sindh minister of women development, Shehla Raza, playwright Haseena Moin, rights activist Anis Haroon, and Sadiqa Salahuddin from the development sector.Noting that the country’s women were “working successfully in all walks of life”, the ACP president said: “A woman’s life is incomplete without a man.””We have to highlight the violence against women (VAW) and we have to struggle to prevent the injustices towards women but do so by staying in the bounds of our cultural norms.Jinnah ‘safeguarded women’s rights'”We have to set up laws that would allow more than half of Pakistan’s population to participate in matters pertaining to the country’s progress, in turn, allowing us to positively benefit from our human capabilities.The First… Read full this story
- Arkansas Arts Council awards nine fellowships
- Instagram this: The Albright-Knox Art Gallery is cool again
- LOCAL BRIEFS: MU women's basketball TV schedule, game times set
- Vote for your favorite 'High Art' billboard in Central Indiana
- ‘Local ladies’ to spearhead arts, music showcase
- SPEDA showcases Somerset’s bustling arts community
- Will Documenta have an impact on Athens' art scene?
- Missing dresses for missing and murdered women
- Women are crucial to resisting Iran's regime
- Italian gem hosts Italians – and others in the know
Karachi Arts Council set to host First Women Conference have 290 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at March 4, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.