The coronavirus pandemic has resulted in the FTSE 100 marking its worst quarter since 1987.Britain’s top share index was up by 1.95% at the close of trading on Tuesday, a small upturn after weeks of volatility.But it has lost a quarter of its value this year, despite a recovery of more than 15% from the lows seen in mid-March, when many countries ordered residents to stay home to stop the spread of the coronavirus.Tuesday saw tentative gains for world markets on hopes the economic disruption from the pandemic would be weaker than some estimates fear, however. Coronavirus: The infection numbers in real time Investors bought in after data from China – the first country to be hit by COVID-19 – showed activity in its crucial manufacturing sector unexpectedly rebounded to growth in the month of March. Advertisement UBS strategist Kiran Ganesh said: “What we’re really looking at the China data is to see if it’s an indicator of how quickly Europe and the US can get back to work potentially after their lockdown.”If the lockdown ends in May, which is what we’re broadly pricing in, then we may see a similar path of what we’ve seen in China.” More from… Read full this story
- Drug-Resistant Infections And Deaths Among Hospital Patients Grew Amid Covid-19 Pandemic
- Home vegetable gardens on the rise amid Covid-19 pandemic
- Expert: Worst is over for COVID-19 pandemic, but public must be cautious
- WHO warns COVID-19 pandemic 'nowhere near over'
- Covid-19 Pandemic 'Nowhere Near Over', Says WHO Chief Tedros Ghebreyesus
- New studies agree that animals sold at Wuhan market are most likely what started Covid-19 pandemic
- Ongoing BTO projects that were delayed by the Covid-19 pandemic to be completed in 2 or 3 years: HDB
- UNICEF Representative commends Vietnam’s immunisation system amid Covid-19
- COVID-19 pandemic 'unprecedented', which India faced confidently, says PM Modi
- COVID-19 pandemic fuels largest continued backslide in vaccinations in three decades
Coronavirus: FTSE 100 marks worst quarter since 1987 amid COVID-19 pandemic have 311 words, post on news.sky.com at March 31, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.