Football clubs who lose income from the suspension of matches due to coronavirus will be eligible for government support, chancellor Rishi Sunak has confirmed. All league football in England has been suspended until April 3, while in Scotland matches have been stopped indefinitely due to the pandemic.On Tuesday, National League side Barnet put all non-playing staff on notice of redundancy, as Sunak unveiled a £330billion package to help businesses amid the coronavirus outbreak. Rehman Chishti, Conservative MP for Gillingham and Rainham, warned that many clubs such as those in Sky Bet League One and Two are reliant on the income they receive from matchdays.Addressing Sunak, Chishti said: “A specific point for the chancellor that’s been raised with me by the chairman of Gillingham Football Club, division one football club, and also covering division two.”A lot of those matches for those clubs are postponed. They rely on matchday income to support them.”Can the Chancellor just say what will be done to work with those smaller football clubs and organisations to ensure that their HMRC payments are dealt with adequately and are given soft loans over a certain period of time to ensure they can get through these challenging, difficult circumstances?” Also… Read full this story
- British government pushes for NFL team in London ahead of Lions-Falcons game
- Readers sound off on the Ottoman Empire, school clubs and political correctness
- Excuses don't fly in Syracuse sex abuse case, as university chancellor Nancy Cantor defends herself against the public
- Can college football bowls be great again? Or do they need to be?
- Wife of female Army officer can join spouses club
- College Football Countdown | No. 95: Virginia
- Readers sound off on Miley Cyrus, biker mobs and the government shutdown
- Two Italians charged in attack on Tottenham fans
- Before Aaron Hernandez murder case, there was the story of Rae Carruth
- Big money: CSU leadership raises outpace whole
Coronavirus: Chancellor Rishi Sunak says football clubs eligible for government support have 308 words, post on www.skysports.com at March 17, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.