Baby monitors and smart security cameras used in homes risk being hacked by cyber criminals, security chiefs warn today. They fear weak passwords can allow online attackers to control wireless cameras and spy on families in their homes. These cameras, and baby monitors linked to the internet, are ‘vulnerable’ to attack, said the National Cyber Security Centre. In an unprecedented warning, chief executive Ciaran Martin said: ‘We are bringing more of these things into the home and that brings new vulnerabilities. On December 4 eight-year-old Alyssa LeMay was startled by a hacker’s voice talking to her through a smart camera’s intercom feature as she played in her bedroom in Mississippi, U.S. ‘People will be concerned about privacy. If you take control of a camera, you can do whatever that camera can do. It can allow you to look around the home. ‘If there are minors, they can be seen.’ He added this did not mean children could be physically harmed: ‘It doesn’t turn into a weapon, it just means the attacker can control the camera.’ RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Cyberstalker is jailed for five years after sending… Pupil and a relative in Devon among three new coronavirus… Share this article… Read full this story
- The Best Baby Monitors for 2019
- Best smart home devices 2019: get comfy with smart lighting, heating and more
- 'We can't believe she is ours': Counting On stars Josiah and Lauren Duggar welcome a baby girl named Bella Milagro - as the first-time mom complains of 'long and difficult labor'
- The Real Reason I Don't Have a Security Camera
- Brits warned over mass ‘sextortion’ attack of 30,000 emails per hour – using 450,000 hijacked computers
- Jealous Brits using ‘stalkerware’ to spy on EVERYTHING their partners do – how to scan your phone today
- Government computer networks breached in cyber attacks as experts warn of espionage threat
- Ring Around Your Nest: Spying, Surveillance or Monitoring?
- Was Capital One Hacked or Breached? How Did It Happen and Who Is to Blame?
- The internet of hacked things
Baby monitors and smart cameras are being HACKED by burglars and used to spy on victims' homes and families, cyber chiefs warn have 329 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 3, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.