[ESTHER CHUNG]As the coronavirus outbreak continues, most people are avoiding restaurants in favor of some good ol’ home cooking. I for one was excited about the prospect of cooking again, but after a few rounds of signature dishes like the good old doenjang jjigae (fermented soybean paste stew) or a quick plate of pasta, my taste buds were ready for something new.That’s how I stumbled upon the Istanbul Cultural Center’s cooking classes.“These are the signature dishes we have in Turkey for breakfast,” said Gulcan Nazar, the instructor of the class, on March 9 at the cultural center in southern Seoul. “Breakfast is an integral part of the Turkish society, an important ritual to start your day.”The class consisted of eight students, ranging from a former traveler who backpacked across Turkey without much cooking experience to a professional patissier, along with two Turkish instructors. Within two hours, we had a table full of freshly baked lavash (soft and thin unleavened flatbread), two large deep dishes filled with homemade hummus and a pot of menemen (stewed tomatoes, peppers and onion with eggs scrambled in).If you like your hummus to be as silky as possible, the instructors recommended starting a day earlier by… Read full this story
- Try these simple breakfast recipes with oats
- Beating boredom is the first rule of toddler lockdown
- Palestinian Family Plays Music to Beat Boredom Amid COVID-19 Lockdown
- Things to do with the kids in isolation: 13 ideas to help beat boredom during the coronavirus lockdown
- Amid Escalating Syrian Carnage, Turkey Shoots Down Assad’s Planes
- DIY Mother’s Day Dinner Recipes
- 7 Healthy Breakfast Options For School-Going Kids
- Controversial chef Pete Evans reveals he's working on new cookbook of 'immunity boosting' recipes - after endorsing breakfast consisting of 'three big slabs of pork fat'
- The Full English Breakfast recipe from Honestly Healthy
- Royal recipes: Meghan Markle's chia seed pudding is the tastiest lockdown breakfast
A taste of Turkey for breakfast: These recipes will beat your boredom and treat your taste buds have 321 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at March 30, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.