Bernie Sanders held his ground as the moderates squabbled for votes in the eighth Democratic debate held in New Hampshire on Friday night. The progressive senator, with help from billionaire activist Tom Steyer—who appears to have emerged in recent weeks as a Sanders hype man—fended off attacks from all directions, demonstrated unrivaled strength in his rhetoric on foreign policy, climate change, criminal justice and inequality, solidifying his position as a Democratic frontrunner. “Donald Trump lies all the time,” Sanders declared in the first five minutes. “He says terrible things about Joey, ugly, disgusting things about Elizabeth, about anybody else who is up here… the way we beat Trump is by having the largest voter turnout in the history of this country.” Blunt, yes—but it paid off. He was the night’s big winner, with Senator Elizabeth Warren and former Vice President Joe Biden coming in as runners up. The losers: former South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg and entrepreneur Andrew Yang. It’s worth noting that all candidates on stage had strong performances tonight, particularly when you factor in the intense periods of campaigning over the last month and, for the senators on stage, trips back to the impeachment proceedings in Washington…. Read full this story
- Elizabeth Warren makes first campaign trip to New Hampshire neighbours
- Democratic Debates, Day 2: Andrew Yang Won the Night, Castro Shined, Biden and Harris Didn’t Perform Well
- New Hampshire hamlet gets US Election Day rolling
- Flurry of Democrats expected to enter 2020 White House race in coming weeks
- Donald Trump slams 'shameful' circus-like Corey Lewandowski hearing and says Democrats know he 'didn't do anything wrong' as his former campaign chief insists no one in Trumpworld committed a crime
- Trump won presidency but lost popular vote
- Final Ontario election debate lacks singular, defining moment
- FULL LIST: MTV Video Music Awards 2018 winners
- ANALYSIS: Will Sunday’s election ease or aggravate the conflict?
- We may ruin our incredible democratic achievements since 1999
Who Won the Eighth Democratic Debate in New Hampshire? Analysis of the Winners, Losers and Highlights have 318 words, post on www.newsweek.com at February 8, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.