Not everyone is happy. The annual Halifax quality of life survey has recently been published and, true to form, it’s created heated controversy, particularly among estate agents. Ranked above the hot-spots of the South East, such as Fareham, Hart and Horsham – and the North’s most sought-after districts of Selby and Hambleton – the No 1 spot to live has been awarded to East Hertfordshire. This slice of the commuter belt, most notably home to the Beckhams’ former ‘Beckingham Palace’ in Sawbridgeworth, is a quiet and unassuming local government district. Yet it has its staunch supporters. Top of the league: A row of picturesque cottages in Hertford ‘People love this area,’ says Josh Davison, 31, a sales director at Russell Property. ‘Many people buy their “forever home” here, which is a strong indicator of the quality of life it offers.’ At the hub of East Hertfordshire is the quaint market town of Bishop’s Stortford. And, despite Stansted Airport being in the neighbourhood, the town retains the feel of a charming and prosperous county town. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Game, set and match! Inside the luxury £14.5million mansion… House prices rising at fastest pace in nearly two years,… Where first-time… Read full this story
- Help.org Names the Best Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Arlington
- Sri Lanka needs you... and YOU need Sri Lanka: After tragedy struck, the island is back in business - here are the best places to visit (and you'll practically have them to yourself)
- New Year gift for him: This New Year, make him feel special
- New Year 2020: Check Out These Interesting Outdoor Party Ideas And Make This Day Special
- Currys Boxing Day sales: the best deals live right now
- Where YOU can catch a glimpse of the lunar eclipse: Millions of Australians will see 60% of the moon hidden in Earth's shadow in HOURS - as the best places to watch the phenomenon are revealed
- Britain's best boozers revealed: Good Pub Guide lists old tobacco merchant and 500-year-old inn among top drinking spots for 2020 - so is your local on list?
- What's the Darkest Animated Christmas Special?
- It’s hotter than the Sahara! Health warning issued as forecasters say temperatures could reach 35C today, making it one of the hottest July days ever!
- Dreamers and disrupters: the best art and architecture of autumn 2018
What makes East Hertfordshire so special? We look at why it's been named Britain's best place to live have 381 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 8, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.