Vietnam’s Ministry of Health has declared the end of the new coronavirus disease (COVID-19) epidemic in the south-central province of Khanh Hoa after having recorded no new infection there for 39 days. The decision to lift the epidemic status off Khanh Hoa was signed by Deputy Minister of Health Do Xuan Tuyen on Wednesday in accordance with the Law on Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases. Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc signed a decision declaring COVID-19 an epidemic in Vietnam on February 1, with the outbreak scope identified in the three provinces of Khanh Hoa, Thanh Hoa, and Vinh Phuc. Khanh Hoa reported its first patient, a 25-year-old hotel receptionist who had interacted with two infected Chinese men, on January 17. The province has since detected no other case. The receptionist was discharged from the hospital on February 4 after recovering from the disease. Khanh Hoa is the first disease-hit locality in Vietnam to be declared free of the COVID-19 epidemic. Of the two other provinces, the north-central province of Thanh Hoa is also eligible to have its epidemic status lifted as no new case has been recorded there for 34 days, while the northern province of Vinh Phuc is… Read full this story
- US health officials declare end to outbreak from romaine lettuce
- Rutgers partners with health department to end HIV epidemic
- E-cigarette use by Arkansas teens stirs worry over health; U.S. Department of Health calls widespread teen use an 'epidemic'
- Trinity Health Ministries to raise minimum wage to $15 per hour
- Report: NJ must do more to end E-cigarette epidemic, reduce tobacco use
- Health officials declare hepatitis A outbreak in Louisiana
- Working together, we can end the opioid epidemic in Massachusetts
- Widespread public health education urged to fight opioid epidemic
- Health official: Battle against the opioid epidemic is far from over
- Obesity, climate change and hunger must be fought as one, health experts declare
Vietnam's health ministry declares end of COVID-19 epidemic in Khanh Hoa have 311 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at February 27, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.