The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade has notified families in Wuhan there were “no plans currently for any more Australian Government assisted departure flights”, according to the ABC. Two Qantas-operated flights have evacuated Australians from the virus-stricken city, with the first crop of rescued travellers taken to Christmas Island while the second arrived at Howard Springs, near Darwin, on Sunday. READ MORE: Follow our coronavirus updates READ MORE: ‘Devastating’ truth about infections Australians who have been left behind in Wuhan are advised by DFAT to follow the advice of Chinese authorities and “monitor the Smartraveller website”. About 13 children are among Australians stranded in Wuhan, which was placed until total lockdown by the Chinese government as the coronavirus death toll climbs past 1000. Passengers on a Qantas flight from the coronavirus-affected Chinese city of Wuhan arrive at Darwin Airport on Sunday. Picture: Department of Home AffairsSource:Supplied Some of those Australians are left behind despite registering with the government. They include Shirley Xiang, who has been stuck in a Wuhan apartment for two weeks with her husband Tony Chen and their three young children. “We don’t mind being quarantined in the difficult environment on Christmas Island, but we didn’t get… Read full this story
- Alexander Downer: the Australian blue blood accused of being an anti-Trump 'spy'
- Dozens of neglected animals evacuated from Gaza zoo
- How to Pack a "Go Bag" for Emergency Evacuations
- This Landmark Case Will Decide Whether Aboriginal Australians Who Aren't Citizens Can Be Deported
- ACCAN: Low-income Australians cannot afford NBN
- Outrage over video of Australian police officer stoning wombat
- A reading lesson from Glenn Beck: The left's condescension won't help Dems in November
- Foodora rider deemed employee in unfair dismissal case
- Paul Hogan, star of 'Crocodile Dundee,' won't be charged over Australian tax dispute
- Australian sheep farmer accused of rape won't have to serve more prison time: judge
‘Very unfair’: Australians left behind in Wuhan won’t be evacuated have 313 words, post on www.news.com.au at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.