A SCOTTISH MP tipped as the next First Minister was forced to quit today after he told a schoolboy he was “cute” and invited him to dinner while bombarding him with 270 online messages. SNP Finance Secretary Derek Mackay, 42, resigned after the Scottish Sun revealed how he pestered the lad, 16, in private on Instagram and Facebook over six months after contacting him out of the blue. Ahead of today’s Scottish Budget Mr Mackay dramatically quit his position. He said this morning: “I take full responsibility for my actions. I have behaved foolishly and I am truly sorry.” He apologised to the boy’s family and offered Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon his resignation. A leading abuse expert said police should investigate.The mother said: “A man like that is not supposed to say these sort of things to a boy.” The boy’s mum accused Mr Mackay of targeting her son after it emerged the Holyrood chief sent him the messages despite knowing he was 16. The Finance Secretary asked the fresh-faced teenager to dinner and offered to make him his guest at a parliament rugby event after befriending him out of the blue on Facebook and Instagram. The openly-gay dad… Read full this story
- Scots Tory politicians call for criminal probe into Nicola Sturgeon's SNP chief husband's 'dismal and shifty' performance at Alex Salmond sexual harassment inquiry as he denies lying under oath but is called out for continuously looking left off screen
- Nicola Sturgeon REFUSES to say if she'll quit if she is proven to have broken strict ministerial rules she signed off herself - as she calls for Alex Salmond to be FORCED into giving evidence
- In US-China Phase 1 trade deal, enforcement may end in 'We quit'
- FMIA Super Bowl LV: Strange Season, Normal Result—Tom Brady Wins His Seventh Title, Leads Bucs Over Chiefs
- 'I'll probably get Covid before a jab': Over-70s trying to book vaccines online on first day of new scheme are offered appointments a 120-mile round trip from home as others say they've tried calling 200 times with no success
- The six questions Nicola Sturgeon MUST answer - as papers show her government ignored legal advice to fight Alex Salmond in court
- Alex Salmond inquiry LIVE: Ex-FM has ‘no doubt’ Sturgeon broke the ministerial code & knew about complaints against him
- The Unprecedented Garth Risk Hallberg
- GamesMaster: The Inside Story
- First picture of Britain's youngest terrorist: Boy, 14, gives Nazi salute at his grandmother's Cornish cottage from where he led far-right extremist cell - as he collapses into her arms after judge SPARES him jail because he was 'susceptible to influence'
SNP chief Derek Mackay QUITS after he bombarded schoolboy, 16, with creepy texts and called him ‘cute’ have 426 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 6, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.