The latest figures brings the total confirmed cases on the Diamond Princess to 175, including four people who are in a serious condition. Four people in the latest group to be diagnosed are Australian. Earlier there were claims a young Melbourne woman had been taken to hospital. This afternoon health minister Greg Hunt said he “really felt” for the Australians stuck on the cruise ship, some in cramped cabins with no windows, and that the conditions were so bad a mental health helpline is being set up for stressed out Aussies on board. Mr Hunt also said he was “deeply aware” of the economic consequences of barring people from crossing the border who has been in mainland China but the risk of coronavirus spreading in Australia was “extraordinary” and drastic measures were needed. Speaking today, Japanese health minister Katsunobu Kato confirmed the new infections on the Diamond Princess. “Out of 53 new test results (on passengers and crew), 39 people were found positive,” said. In a disastrous turn of events, a quarantine official, who had been collecting forms on the vessel, has also tested positive to the virus. READ MORE: Follow our coronavirus updates “At this point, we have confirmed… Read full this story
- How lax rules, missed warnings led to Japan's second coronavirus cruise-ship hot spot
- Passengers of coronavirus-stricken cruise ship sue Australian operator
- Revealed: 6,000 passengers on cruise ships despite coronavirus crisis
- Carnival Cruises to Resume in Florida and Texas From August Despite Congressional Investigation Into COVID-19 Outbreaks
- Carnival Cruises sales ‘up 600 PERCENT in 3 days after August return date for trips announced’ despite coronavirus fears
- First coronavirus death outside Asia as China toll exceeds 1,500
- Coronavirus: Donald Trump’s laughable excuse for the scale of US outbreak
- US coronavirus death toll rises to 37 as official warns 'things will get worse'
- Carnival Cruises to cut 820 jobs in Florida just days after announcing bookings had spiked by 600% ahead of voyages restarting in August
- Coronavirus latest: 3.2 million more file for unemployment in US
Officials confirm more cases of coronavirus on quarantined cruise ship have 327 words, post on www.news.com.au at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.