Meares and her partner Nick Flyger — Australia’s national sprint cycling coach — posted a photo with the newborn, confirming the baby girl’s “safe arrival”.
“Better than any medal or title I have ever won, The day that I became a mum,” Meares captioned the image.
“@nick_flyger and I are thrilled to share the safe arrival of our daughter Evelyn Bette Meares Flyger. Born 1207am 10/02/2020 weighing 3.39kg.”
Watch the UCI Track World Championships LIVE & On-Demand with KAYO. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >
Several Australian sporting stars commented on the post, congratulating the couple and welcoming the newest member of their family.
“Congratulations … she is gorgeous. And good job Mama. Lots of love to you all,” responded Aussie tennis star Casey Dellacqua.
“I can’t wipe the smile off my face. So precious! Congratulations Anna and Nick. She is SO CUTE,” Australian runner Jessica Stenson replied.
Surfing legend Mick Fanning, who revealed his fiancee was pregnant on Saturday, also posted, “Congrats!!”
Meares revealed her pregnancy in September last year, conceding becoming a mother has been a lifelong goal.
“This is the one thing that I’ve always wanted that I’ve never had,” Meares told The Advertiser.
“In context of titles, being a parent, for Nick being a dad and me being a mum, I would put that above everything I’ve ever done. In some ways, I wasn’t sure I’d ever get this chance so it’s really special now that we have.”
The 36-year-old won six medals for cycling at the Olympic Games, including two gold. She competed at four Olympic Games before retiring in 2016.
Meares was flag-bearer and captain of the Australian team at the 2016 Rio Games, where she became the first Aussie to win an individual medal in four consecutive Olympics.
- Joanna Krupa shows off her post-baby body in Hollywood... as she's seen for the first time since giving birth this month
- How does she do it? The Bachelor's Simone Ormesher shows off her washboard abs a MONTH after giving birth to daughter Gracie-Mae
- Mum gives birth to baby in hospital corridor after just 90 minutes of labour
- Lion King premiere: Pregnant Myleene Klass oozes glamour despite being days away from giving birth
- Mother gives birth AND starts the menopause weeks apart: 34-year-old who was diagnosed with bowel cancer at 35 weeks pregnant goes through 'the change' after having radiotherapy
- What's her secret? Former Bachelor star Simone Ormesher flaunts her post-baby body just SEVEN weeks after giving birth to daughter Gracie-Mae
- Incredible moment a fish gives birth seconds after being caught by a fisherman... who lets the fingerlings go after they landed in his hands
- Mum becomes allergic to water after giving birth to her first daughter
- Eva Longoria goes makeup-free 8 weeks after giving birth to adorable son Santiago
- Two stars are born! Giant panda named Po after beloved character in Kung Fu Panda gives birth to 'world's heaviest twin cubs' in China