SIHANOUKVILLE, Cambodia — A cruise ship that spent two weeks at sea after being turned away by five countries over fears that someone aboard might have the coronavirus arrived in Cambodia on Thursday, to the relief of passengers and praise from global health officials. The MS Westerdam, carrying 1,455 passengers and 802 crew, could be seen from the docks of the Cambodian port town of Sihanoukville after anchoring offshore early in the morning. People at the docks prepared to welcome passengers with bouquets of flowers, as embassy officials and Cambodian health authorities waited alongside journalists. “We’ve had so many near moments we thought we were going home only to be turned away,” Angela Jones, an American tourist on board, told Reuters in a text message. “This morning, just seeing land was such a breathtaking moment.” Jones and her fellow passengers have spent almost two weeks at sea as several countries refused to let their ship dock. The timing of their final journeys home was still uncertain, however, as the ship faces health checks by authorities and passengers need to be taken to the Cambodian capital Phnom Penh to catch charter flights. The ship’s captain, Vincent Smit, initially told passengers in… Read full this story
- Chantel Jeffries flaunts her washboard abs in nude sportswear as she heads home after picking up lunch in LA
- Tom Cruise paying for 'Mission: Impossible 7' cast, crew to live on cruise ships amid coronavirus pandemic
- In China, For China? Most US Firms To Shun 'Bringing Jobs Home' Despite COVID-19, Trade War - Survey
- Coronavirus: Heads say 1 June earliest realistic school opening
- Coronavirus: Care homes in England warned of rise in infections
- Coronavirus: Care home firm reimposes own lockdown to protect residents and staff
- Coronavirus: Care homes 'disappointed' on test assurances
- Boy, 2, dies after babysitter crashes car then 'heads home to put him to bed'
- Coronavirus: Care home visits 'immensely improve lives'
- Study: Kids infected at day care spread coronavirus at home
Cruise passengers shunned over coronavirus to head home after Cambodia reprieve have 324 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at February 13, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.