A CRUISE ship with more than 2,000 people on board has been put on lockdown in Sydney while a woman is tested for the deadly coronavirus. Shocked passengers were left stranded in Sydney Harbour as NSW Health authorities boarded the Norwegian Jewel after it docked in the city on Friday at 7.30am. Read our coronavirus live blog for all the latest news and updates. The woman in her 50s suspected of being infected with the virus was taken to hospital as she appeared to be suffering from respiratory illness. Passengers were kept on the ship for an hour after being screened. The vessel, which had just arrived from a 10-day tour of New Zealand, was scheduled to travel to Melbourne on Saturday. But a spokesman for NSW Health said that the screening was a precaution and denied that anyone on board was suffering from respiratory issues.She said: “To mitigate any impact of this rare occurrence, we implemented stringent sanitation procedures. “As such a thorough inspection and rigorous cleaning and disinfection of the ship and terminal were conducted.” There are 15 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Australia and authorities have also checked more than 16,000 incoming passengers at the airport, with… Read full this story
- Sydney will turn the tide this week
- Fear the Walking Dead recap: Dorie and Strand’s life philosophy
- Sydney FC still have a lot of work to do
- Cal Had To Ship Their Own Goalposts To Australia
- Sydney Swans continue to rise in 2016
- Sydney: A Tale of Two Teams
- Sydney Swans vs Carlton Blues: AFL live scores, blog
- Is Sydney too important for a Grand Final Parade?
- 120 people stranded in Dubai for 24 hours
- Talking points: Sydney Derby XV, Round 22, 2018
Coronavirus fears as yet ANOTHER ship is put on lockdown with 2,000 passengers stranded in Sydney harbour have 282 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 14, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.