EXCLUSIVE: As the Asian and Asian American community in Hollywood continues to bask in the awards season victories of Lulu Wang’s The Farewell and Bong Joon-ho’s Parasite, The Coalition of Asian Pacifics in Entertainment (CAPE) looks to add to Asian representation with the eighth annual CAPE New Writers Fellowship. Partnering with major industry partners, CAPE will launch the professional development program which trains emerging writers to succeed in Hollywood. “As reflected by the Asian and Pacific Islander sweep of the Oscars screenwriting awards last night (original and adapted), it is clear stories written by our community have mainstream appeal,” said Michelle K. Sugihara, CAPE Executive Director. “Pipeline programs like the CAPE New Writers Fellowship are critical to provide a springboard into the industry and to elevate authentic storytelling.” Related Story The Black List Opens Submissions For Inaugural Latinx TV List Led by top industry writers, producers, agents and executives, the Fellowship was co-founded and is co-chaired by Steve Tao (VP, Current Programming, CWTV) and Leo Chu (Creator/Showrunner of Supah Ninjas and Afro Samurai; Batman Ninja screenwriter). Fellows will participate in masterclasses and writing labs where they will receive one-on-one mentorship with industry professional including Walter Hamada (President, DC-Based Film Production, Warner Bros. Pictures), Adele… Read full this story
- CAPE And Janet Yang Productions Announce Winners Of Julia S. Gouw Short Film Challenge
- Gotham Knights' poster unveils first look at new Batman spin-off
- New this week: 'Interceptor,' Post Malone and 'Fire Island'
- ‘Asians Are Victims Of White Supremacy’ Narrative Comes From Activists Pushing Policies Rejected By Many Asians | The Daily Wire
- Ukraine conflict won’t make Biden abandon Indo-Pacific strategy
- BTS joins President Joe Biden at White House, delivers powerful speech against rising anti-Asian hate crimes
- CBS Unveils 2022-2023 Primetime Lineup
- TV Shows Take a Back Seat as Upfronts Focus on New Ad Tech
- US to pave way for Indo-Pacific Economic Framework as South-East Asian leaders gather
- Outfest Unveils Lineup For Second Annual Queer Television Festival, The OutFronts
Coalition of Asian Pacifics In Entertainment Unveils Annual CAPE New Writers Fellowship have 323 words, post on deadline.com at February 18, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.