Vietnam to enhance agriculture risk management capacity Việt Nam needs to enhance its agricultural risk management capacity, experts told a workshop held in HCM City last week. According to Dr Võ Thị Kim Sa, vice rector of the School of Management for Agriculture and Rural Development II, agriculture faces potential risks from weather, epidemics and market and price instability. Việt Nam has in recent years issued a number of policies to support the agriculture sector including to encourage farmers and agricultural stakeholders to participate in insurance programmes to minimise the risks. However, most farmers and co-operatives have yet to take part in insurance programmes. Nguyễn Văn Thạch, a member of the management of the Da Xanh Grapefruit Cooperative in Bến Tre Province, said agriculture was increasingly faced with challenges due to climate change, natural disasters and market instability. Most farmers depended too much on traders due to their lack of expertise in branding, marketing and trading of their products, he said. “Most farmers would want to participate in agricultural insurance programmes to minimise the risks,” he said. Jean Yves Drolet, an expert at the agricultural insurance division of the Canadian Cooperation Society for International Development (Socodevi), said most Vietnamese agricultural… Read full this story
- Google SEO Sleeping Pill - Yawning at Dull News Headlines
- Business news online
- The Best Money Making Home Business Opportunity Has Just 26 Parts
- The Best Business News now a Click Away
- A Blazing Bee Line to Hot Headlines
- 3 HOT Tips To Improve Your Ads/Flyers and Letters for Small Business Growth
- Home Based Business Management The Key to Success
- Top Ten Good News Stories of 2006
- Two Types Of Business Plan Cover Pages - Which One Are You Using?
- Business Publicity/P.R. Success - And How It Can Benefit You Too
BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 26 have 295 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at February 26, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.