The body temperature of people passing through the Mỹ Quý Tây Border Gate in Long An Province is checked to prevent the spread of COVID-19. — VNA/VNS Photo Bùi Giang HCM CITY — Border authorities in the southern region are strictly controlling all travel through border gates as part of an effort to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 disease. The southern province of Tây Ninh, which has a 240km border with Cambodia, is at high risk of COVID-19 infections. About 10,000 people travel between Việt Nam and Cambodia every day through Mộc Bài and Xa Mát international border gates, national border gates, sub-border gates, and many trails. Colonel Nguyễn Tài Sơn of the province’s Border Guard Force said it had set up a committee for COVID-19 prevention and control. “Each border guard station has set up a steering committee and a special task force to work on the prevention and control of the epidemic.” Strict controls on entry and exit have been conducted to detect possible cases of suspected infections as early as possible. Provincial border guards have increased communication activities to raise people’s awareness about prevention measures against the virus. The border guards are working closely with police, customs and quarantine officers to… Read full this story
- Vietnamese PM lauds medical workers’ contributions to COVID-19 fight
- HCM City, Hanoi redirect flights from South Korea to Van Don and Can Tho airports
- Vietnam suspends entry from all coronavirus-hit areas
- Iran denies virus coverup after claim of 50 deaths
- PM orders stricter measures to contain coronavirus spread
- Airports designated to serve flights from RoK’s epidemic-hit areas
- Coronavirus: Infections climb eight-fold in South Korea as world fights virus
- Italy and France ban public gatherings as coronavirus cases spread
- Coronavirus latest: EU raises risk level to 'high' from 'moderate'
- Coronavirus latest: WTO warns of 'substantial' impact on trade
Border provinces in south take strict measures to prevent spread of COVID-19 have 315 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 24, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.