Batting star Glenn Maxwell’s self-imposed exile from international cricket ended when he was named Tuesday in Australia’s limited-overs squads to tour South Africa, but in-form Marcus Stoinis missed out. Maxwell, who stood down from Australian duties in October saying he needed a break to deal with mental health issues, was named in both the one-day and Twenty20 squads to face the Proteas.Selector Trevor Hohns said Maxwell had earned a recall with his performances captaining the Melbourne Stars in the Big Bash League (BBL), where he has scored 389 runs at an average of 43.22.“It is fantastic to have Glenn back in both squads given his brilliant form in the middle order for the Stars along with his results with the ball,” Hohns said.Maxwell, 31, has played 110 one-dayers and 61 T20s for Australia, earning the nickname “Big Show” early in his career due to his match-turning abilities.Wicketkeeper-batsman Matthew Wade and all-rounder Mitch Marsh, who last played limited-overs internationals in 2017 and 2018 respectively, were surprise inclusions on the back of strong BBL campaigns.But Stoinis made neither the ODI or T20 squads, despite being named BBL player of the tournament with a competition-high 607 regular-season runs.Hohns said Stoinis was on standby… Read full this story
- Live Cricket Score - India vs South Africa, 2nd Test, Day 4
- Stats: Can South Africa find a way past India's spinners?
- Mother, 53, and daughter, 12, related to the Queen were killed in head-on car crash on family holiday to South Africa, inquest hears
- India vs South Africa 3rd Test: India crush South Africa by an innings and 202 runs, complete 3-0 whitewash
- India, South Africa, and a build-up minus the 'pitch wars'
- Live Cricket Score - India vs South Africa, 2nd Test, Day 2
- South Africa target first innings runs as India eye clean sweep
- Just how lopsided was the India-South Africa Test series?
- South Africa to face England in Rugby World Cup final after beating Wales
- Wales must be ready for ‘battle royale’ with South Africa, says Shaun Edwards
Australia recall Glenn Maxwell for South Africa, Marcus Stoinis snubbed have 335 words, post on m.hindustantimes.com at February 4, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.