(CNN)A patient being treated for novel coronavirus at UC Davis Medical Center was admitted to the facility last week but wasn’t tested until Sunday, according to a letter sent to UC Davis staff and obtained by CNN. The patient, a Solano County resident, is one of the 60 confirmed cases of the virus in the US, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar announced Wednesday. Forty-two cases are former passengers on the Diamond Princess cruise ship, the site of a recent virus outbreak. The other 15 were either travelers coming back from China or spouses of travelers. Three others were repatriated from China. The California case may be the first US instance of the virus being transmitted by “community spread,” meaning the patient wouldn’t have had “relevant travel history or exposure to another known patient,” the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said. How the person was exposed to the virus is still unknown, the CDC said. The agency said it has not yet ruled out that the patient was exposed to a returned traveler who was infected. New coronavirus case could be first instance of ‘community spread’ in US, CDC says The patient was transferred to the medical… Read full this story
- Fears rise that coronavirus patients are still allowed to roam the streets of China FREELY after 'reporters found sufferers who are NOT quarantined'
- Coronavirus patient is sealed in a PLASTIC TUBE to avoid contaminating others while being transported by Chinese medics in hazmat suits
- Chinese doctors SAVE a critically-ill coronavirus patient by hooking them up to a life-support machine to bypass their lungs and allow them to recover
- Coronavirus patient is sealed in a PLASTIC TUBE to avoid contaminating others as medics in hazmat suits transport him
- Initial test shows Wuhan tourist in HK has new coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Pune's Virology Institute prepared to test samples
- First U.S. coronavirus patient had at least 16 close contacts before he was placed in isolation, officials say
- Almost 30 revellers overdose at Groovin the Moo a week after controversial pill testing at sister festival potentially saved seven lives
- Zion Williamson’s knee surgery was six weeks ago today, he has not begun on-court work
- Molecular assay TrueNat recommended as initial test for TB and MDR-TB
A California coronavirus patient hospitalized a week ago wasn't initially tested have 374 words, post on edition.cnn.com at February 27, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.