Following yesterday’s unprecedented Royal Family summit at Sandringham to thrash out the way forward to Harry and Meghan’s desire to quit their duties, the Queen has released a statement. In a deeply personal message by Her Majesty the couple are referred to as ‘Harry and Meghan’ rather than their titles the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, clouding their royal status. The statement indicates that the couple will not receive money from the public purse but its reference to a ‘period of transition’ does not clarify how they will achieve self sufficiency. Here, the Daily Mail’s royal correspondent Rebecca English deconstructs the six-sentence statement and looks at the clues it provides to the Sussexes stripped-back future. Today my family had very constructive discussions on the future of my grandson and his family. The fact that the Queen issued the statement in her name and makes reference to ‘my family’ and ‘my grandson and his family’ is both deliberate and significant. The monarch has been deeply hurt by the events of the past week – but has also been taken aback by the backlash against Harry after he issued his statement without letting her know first. The Queen wants the world to… Read full this story
- Kensington Palace issues rare statement after Meghan Markle, Kate Middleton feud report
- Every 'dull dependable' royal has a 'dazzling dangerous other', according to Prince Philip in The Crown - but does his statement ring true in real life?
- Elton John reveals HE paid for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to fly to his £15m mansion in the south of France by private jet and made a 'carbon neutral' donation on their behalf as he defends the couple's two holidays in 11 days
- Someone's missing! Pregnant Meghan is nowhere to be seen as Harry joins The Queen on her 93rd birthday with William, Kate, Zara and Mike Tindall at Easter Sunday service
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle interrupt their six-week break from royal duties to offer their support to a landmine charity and World Access to Higher Education Day
- Just like nan and grandad! Prince Harry sips traditional Fijian drink - just like the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh did 65 years ago - after being given roast pig during welcoming ceremony with Meghan
- Meghan Markle’s diet – how the Duchess of Sussex stays in shape WITHOUT giving up fries
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry wish fans a Happy Thanksgiving as they celebrate for the first time as parents
- The Duchess does Dior! Meghan stuns in black at Westminster Abbey RAF service before joining the royals for a spectacular fly-past on the balcony of Buckingham Palace
- Fans think Meghan Markle and Harry just dropped huge hint that they're in Canada with Archie
What does the Queen's statement on Harry and Meghan say and what does it mean? The six clues in Her Majesty's words about the future of the Sussexes have 447 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 13, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.