The 49ers had the NFL’s stingiest pass defense this season. And there might not be a more explosive passing team in the league than the Chiefs. The 49ers’ 37-20 win in Sunday’s NFC Championship Game against the Packers set up a Super Bowl matchup of those strengths after the Chiefs beat the Titans 35-24 in the AFC Championship Game earlier Sunday. It marks the Chiefs’ first Super Bowl appearance in 50 years, ending the third-longest drought after the Lions (54) and Jets (51). The Chiefs beat Minnesota 23-7 in Super Bowl IV; they had appeared in just two AFC title games since — losing after the 1993 season to the Bills and last year in overtime to the Patriots. “Andy Reid is as good of a coach as there is in this league,” 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan said of his K.C. counterpart. “I think he’s a for-sure Hall of Famer. I know how good Andy is. I know how good their quarterback is. I know how good their team is.” Quarterback Patrick Mahomes, the reigning MVP, did not replicate his 2018 numbers of 5,000-plus passing yards and 50 touchdowns this season and missed two games with a knee injury…. Read full this story
- The Latest: Zuerlein, Gurley, Countess ready for Super Bowl
- Ranking the 10 playoff losers' chances of journeying to Super Bowl LIII in 2019
- Patrick Mahomes Injury Update: Will Kansas City Chiefs QB Play in Week 15 Vs. Denver Broncos?
- NFL Week 15 scores, highlights, updates, schedule: Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs take on Broncos at snowy Arrowhead
- NFL 2019: Mitchell Trubisky must take the next step in his development for Bears to make a Super Bowl run
- Super Bowl 54 odds: Ravens and 49ers starting to separate as Patriots beginning to fall behind the pack
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce Raged at Nightclub After Beating Broncos
- New England Patriots make 3rd straight Super Bowl, beat Chiefs in OT
- Broncos vs. Chiefs — a roundup of Denver’s Week 15 loss in Kansas City
- From Nick Foles Leading Eagles To Super Bowl To Gritty’s Debut, Here Are Most Memorable Philadelphia Sports Moments Of Past Decade
Super Bowl preview, 49ers vs. Chiefs: Can SF stop Patrick Mahomes? have 339 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at January 20, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.