A laggard for some in meeting its EU environmental obligations , Poland is not dragging its feet when it comes to electric bus production. Europe’s third-largest electric bus manufacturer, Solaris, is being joined by MAN Truck & Bus, whose first customer vehicles started rolling off the production line at Starachowice in southern Poland in October. The Polish unit of the Volkswagen Group aims to deliver its first 17 electric buses to Verkehrsbetriebe Hamburg-Holstein public transport company (VHH) by the end of the year. Nobina Sverige, the largest Swedish bus operator, has a further 22 units ordered, and other orders are pending, the company said in a statement. MAN’s move is seen by some as a genuine feather in the cap for the EU member. “MAN’s new investment strongly enhances Poland’s position in the zero-emissions public transport segment,” Jan Wisniewski from the Polish Association of Alternative Fuels (PSPA) told DW. Poland has a long tradition of making buses “We are now preparing for mass production, to a level as high or even more than MAN,” Michal Mackowiak, deputy CEO of Rafako Ebus, a subsidiary of the Polish firm Rafako, told DW. The Industrial Development Agency (ARP) has acquired one of Rafako Ebus’s local units and plans to make large investments in the company,… Read full this story
- Tata Motors Delivers First 20 Electric Buses To West Bengal; 60 More To Be Delivered Soon
- India’s electric story to continue, to be dominated by light mobility post Covid-19
- Govt's Rs 10,000-cr scheme to promote electric vehicles fails to take off in its first year
- Electric vehicle demand witnesses 20% jump in FY20
- Electric Cars At Auto Expo 2020: Mahindra eKUV100, eXUV300, Renault K-ZE, Kia Soul EV & More
- Post COVID-19: Will electric vehicles have to wait in India?
- Ashok Leyland Nails Order For 400 Buses — Here We Come Senegal!
- Kosovo's power firm hooks up with European grid
- CEE MARKETS-Investors look for direction after Hungary cbank action
- Colorado unveils plan to get more electric vehicles on roads
Polish-built electric buses take over the European market have 325 words, post on www.dw.com at January 1, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.