On Monday night, director Bong Joon-ho’s “Parasite” was nominated for six Academy Awards – Best Picture, Best International Feature Film, Directing, Production Design, Film Editing and Original Screenplay. Above, the cast of the film. [NEON]Director Bong Joon-ho’s “Parasite” continues to rewrite the history of Korean cinema after being nominated for six Academy Awards on Monday evening. Maybe the news of the nomination was hinted when John Cho, a Korean-American actor, was one of the presenters announcing the nominees – and pronouncing the Korean names correctly – at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills, California. Whether or not it was intentional, “Parasite” was called out last in all six categories it was nominated for: Best Picture, Best International Feature Film, Production Design, Directing, Film Editing and Original Screenplay, keeping those tuning in to the livestream in Korea at the edge of their seats. “I feel it’s like ‘Inception,’” Bong told American media outlet Deadline on Monday. “Soon I’m going to wake up and realize this was all a dream, I’m still in the middle of ‘Parasite’ and all the equipment is malfunctioning […] But right now, everything is great and I’m so happy.” “Parasite,” a suspenseful tragicomedy shedding light on… Read full this story
- Derry Girls nominated for four Irish Film and Television Awards
- Casper and Corey Platt-May: Father of two boys killed in hit-and-run found dead in hotel room
- Shocking footage shows moment man is mowed down on street during hit-and-run
- Venice Boardwalk hit-and-run suspects seen spraying graffiti before running down homeless man
- Father Of Boys Killed In Hit-And-Run Found Dead In Corfu Hotel Room
- Father of young hit-and-run victims found dead in Greek hotel
- Accused driver involved in Gurgaon hit-and-run incident arrested
- Benefit for police officer, firefighter killed in hit and run while serving warrant
- British woman 'tried to kill ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend Magaluf hit-and-run'
- Police appeal after Belfast hit-and-run leaves 17-year-old in hospital
‘Parasite’ secures Korea’s first Oscar nominations: Bong Joon-ho’s hit film is in the running for a total of six awards on February 9 have 318 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at January 15, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.