By Bhanuj Kappal The digital revolution has radically transformed our relationship with music. Personal computers and music production softwares have made it easier than ever to make music. The internet, in turn, has made it trivially simple to get your music out to the world. This makes the 21st century music’s most radically democratic era. For the first time in human history, anyone can create music and make it available to listeners all across the world. But this democratisation of music has also led to some unexpected problems. The biggest one is music discovery. Spotify alone, discovering new artists and sounds is like looking for the proverbial needle in the haystack. I sometimes find myself overwhelmed just trying to keep track of new releases by artists I already know I like, and that is literally my job! Things used to be different. Back in the pre-internet days, discovering music outside the Bollywood and Top 40 mainstream was something of an occult art. Music had to be bought — even pirated CDs and tapes cost money — so each decision to check out a new artist or band was a calculated gamble. With no way of listening before you buy (unless… Read full this story
- MDLBEAST hosts Saudi Arabia’s first integrated music conference 'We want to inspire'
- Indie music gigs make a comeback in Chennai
- Gen Z has same music taste as their parents, study finds
- Six in ten Brits are looking to widen their skill sets and pick up new hobbies
- Let’s Look Back on 2021, When We Couldn’t Stop Looking Back
- Dr. Dre Just Released New Music, But Only ‘Grand Theft Auto’ Fans Can Hear It
- iOS 15.2, iPadOS 15.2, watchOS 8.3 Released With App Privacy Report, Apple Music Voice Plan
- AMEB signs cooperation deal with Olympia on fostering music passion
- RS Recommends: Which Smartphones Have the Best Speakers for Music?
- GTA Online update: The Contract release LIVE with DLC patch notes
Looking for music online? have 312 words, post on mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com at January 26, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.